Sunday, February 18, 2018

Steampunk Canvas Img895

Hi Everyone, here to share a canvas project I have made. I started with the image which I have colored in Copic markers
Skin: E04,11,21,00,000 R22,20
Hair YR 27,24, Y21
Boots and Owl grey areas: C7,5,3,1
Jacket and Hat purple grey: BV29,25,23
Feathers, bow hearts, R59,56, RV34,R81
Leaves YG67, 25,
Owl eyes YR23,21
Glass of Glasses B01,000

After coloring her up I fussy cut her out and decided to make a canvas project with her
I started off with a 9 by 7 inch white canvas board I got from the dollar store
I added some texture to it by stenciling all over using modeling paste and letting it set to dry. 
I then decided to use my spray inks to color the canvas, I used a lilac, aqua and wanted some green but only had a light green so I made my own by using an ink refill and some alcohol in a spritzer
works wonders. so did the green this is how the canvas background turned out. 

I then cut out a frame for my image out of watercolor paper, I added some ground espresso distress ink to it, and then watered it down for the color to go all over, then did it again to get full coverage. 
I decided It didn't look old or like metal so I added some taupe frantage to it and then some gold embossing powder in spots and then heat set and then went over it a bit with the ground espresso, this is the frame and how it turned out

I placed it on the canvas
and then added some other stuff to the canvas to see how it would look 
I was liking the layout but the chain was silver and so was a couple of the gears, so I used some gold embossing powder on them and heat set to turn them gold
I then let it set a while as gold elements on the canvas and decided I wanted a bit more of the pink so I took everything off the canvas again and added some pink spray to it, just a touch in the center area
I then put all back on the canvas and was pleased with the effect with the exception of the white areas around the image, so I took my Cool Grey 1 marker and went over those areas and added some more color to the glass of the glasses  as well. I then used some Gel medium to attach all to the canvas 
This is the final result of the canvas

Thanks for stopping by
Cindy 

1 comment: