Monday, May 25, 2015

COLORING ON KRAFT CARDSTOCK - DEIRDRE


Happy Monday Everyone...Creative Team Member Deirdre here on this Memorial Day Monday sharing my project using Kraft Cardstock.  This cutie pie can be found in the shop by clicking here.  I think one of the most amazing things about Sherri's images is the versatility and how easily you can change the look by what colors you choose


Using Kraft paper is one of the easiest ways I believe to achieve brown complexion.  Kraft paper is really porous so you need very little ink and a soft hand so that the marker does not stay on the paper too long and cause the color to bleed outside of the lines


This is a fun technique called "fade to white" or in the case "fade to Kraft". You saturate your area with the Colorless Blender then you flick on your color.  I did not go all the way down to the end of the dress, but I did go over the edges to soften them up a bit with the Colorless Blender


The jewels were a must for me, which I adhered with Glossy accents


 When you first put down your color, you will not see the full depth until it is dry, so don't be alarmed if it is a little muddy or very little color, trust me it's there


Hoping that you have a fantastic day and that you enjoyed this project.  Click here to purchase this beauty...Until next time thanks for stopping by the blog

Deirdre Smith, Glittered Roses







2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous...lovely details and I love the color pallette. Stunning my Crafting Friend. Love coloring on Kraft cardstock. Thank you for the inspiration. Big Texas Hugs, AntoinetteT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my friend....Appreciate the hug...(((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete