Monday, May 18, 2015

CREATING A SHADOW AROUND AND BEHIND AN IMAGE

Hello and welcome to the Creative Blog for Sherri Baldy.  Today's tutorial is all about shadows.  Coloring with Copic Markers for me is about the details, the little things that make an image stand out when you create your projects.


B02

Starting with the darkest color of my set for shadows I randomly colored close to the image


B01

Using my second color I went over the image and extended the color out and added random dots, this also gives texture and depth the to color


B000; B0000

Using both of these colors back to back I lightly went over the previous colors to blend and then I extended the color out and added more dots, repeating the process with the second color


B02; B01; B000; B0000

Using all 4 colors I did touch ups and added color where I thought needed more.  Even without coloring the image you can see how the shadows make the image appear to pop off the page.  Blue tones are my favorite to use with this technique, but you can use any color combination...To purchase this image click here

Thank you for stopping by the blog today





4 comments:

  1. Wonderful tips for a beginner like me, thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie...I am happy to hear these little coloring tips are helping. :) Deirdre

      Delete
  2. That is great. How do you know where a shadow will go? Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, for this image I looked at the direction of his face, which was looking up to the sky, so I thought it would be nice to highlight the parts that were facing up in the same direction of his face. Yet, because I wanted to appear as if the shadows were behind the image that is why I used some darker colors and blended out with lighter shades. Hope I explained it enough for you to understand...:) Deridre

      Delete